Chuck Lawless, dean of the School of Missions, Evangelism, and Church Growth at the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, offers seven strategies that he would use against church leaders if he were Satan. His insights are thought-provoking.
1. I would attack those who are most gifted . . . by reminding them that they are gifted.
2. I would encourage leaders to talk about accountability . . . but not be personally accountable to anyone.
3. I would challenge leaders to emphasize spiritual disciplines . . . but only for others.
4. I would focus the leader’s attention on tomorrow . . . rather than today.
5. I would encourage ministry by e-mail . . . especially with those of the opposite gender.
6. I would not hinder ministry success . . . as long as “success” results in few changed lives.
7. I would stress failure . . . and then lead the church to do the same.
You can read the entire post here.
HT: Andy Naselli.