Here’s a preview of what’s coming up this weekend at First:
Robert Murray M’Cheyne
Tonight at 7pm, the group reading the memoir of Robert Murray M’Cheyne will meet in the conference room here at First. Extra copies of the book are available, so feel free to join us even if you’ve missed the first few gatherings. You’ll love the fellowship around God’s grace through this brother’s life.
Operation Christmas Child
We continue collecting for needy children around the globe. This Sunday is Clean & Neat Sunday. Bring personal items for personal hygiene: a bar of soap and a washcloth, a comb, and toothbrushes, to name a few. Also bring small but necessary clothing items: socks, T-shirts, hair clips and bows. The packing party is coming soon: Saturday, November 22 at noon. Make your plans to be there!
New Members Class
All who are interested in learning more about the First Baptist Church in the City of New York are invited to join us around 9.30am in Haldeman Chapel. There is no obligation to join the church if you attend. Please join us this week as Matthew leads us in a study of life together as a community.
Sunday’s Worship Service
The congregational songs this week are as follows. (If you don’t know a song, click its title and you’ll be taken to a video or audio rendition.)
- “Joyful, Joyful We Adore Thee“
- “All Hail the Power“
- “Come, My Soul, with Every Care“
- “Jesus Paid It All“
- “Grace Unmeasured“
- “Light of God” (click the play button under “listen”)
- “Across the Lands“
The sermon text will be Isaiah 2.
- Sunday, November 16 at 9.30am: Johnson G., missionary to India
- Sunday, November 16 at 12.30pm: Thanksgiving luncheon
- Saturday, November 22 at noon: Operation Christmas Child shoebox packing party
- Saturday, December 6 at 7pm: Handel’s Messiah, part 1