Here’s a preview of what’s coming up at First:
Shoebox Packing Party
Saturday is the climax of lots of hard work this autumn. We’ll meet together in Haldeman Chapel at noon to pack shoeboxes for needy children around the globe. This is a highlight of our church year. Dress festively and bring a friend!
Each shoebox costs $7 to ship. Please prayerfully consider what you can give to help get these gifts to those in need.
The trustees have designated this year’s Thanksgiving Offering to go to the cost of temporary boilers stationed outside the building. As you can see under the Giving section, we estimate that running these boilers will cost about $2,600 per week. Please prayerfully contribute what you can, either using the special envelope or indicating it on the memo line of your check.
Sunday’s Worship Service
The congregational songs this week are as follows. (If you don’t know a song, click its title and you’ll be taken to a video or audio rendition.)
- “Come Ye Thankful People Come“
- “The Sands of Time Are Sinking” (Connie Dever setting)
- ”I Lay My Sins on Jesus” (text | tune)
- “Hallelujah, What a Savior“
- “It is Well with My Soul“
- “My Heart is Filled with Thankfulness“
- “To You Alone“
The sermon text will be Isaiah 5.
Both book groups resume this weekend. Tonight at 7pm, the Robert Murray M’Cheyne group will meet at the church building on 79th and Broadway. Sunday night at 6pm, those reading Notes from the Tilt-a-Whirl will gather at the Petersons’ apartment. For more information, contact the church office.
Save the Date
- Sunday, November 30: First Sunday of Advent
- Sunday, November 30 at 9am: Deacons Meeting
- Saturday, December 6 at 9am: Forward on our Knees
- Sunday, December 6 at 7pm: Handel’s Messiah, Part 1
- Wednesday, December 17 at 7.30pm: An Irish Christmas with the Gettys
See you this weekend!