Here’s a preview of what’s coming this weekend at First!
Clothing for the Needy
The New York City Rescue Mission needs to stock its shelves with new and gently used clothing for men: light jackets, socks, underwear, t-shirts, shirts, dress shirts, jeans, slacks, suits, and shoes. Gentlemen, take a look through your closet and see what you can give. If anyone would like to participate, please bring your donations to the church building by Sunday, December 21.
Third Sunday of Advent
We continue our celebration of our Lord’s incarnation! The congregational songs this week are as follows. (If you don’t know a song, click its title and you’ll be taken to a video or audio rendition.)
- “Angels from the Realms of Glory“
- “How Great Our Joy“
- “Go, Tell It on the Mountain“
- “He Will Hold Me Fast“
- “God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen“
- “O Little Town of Bethlehem“
- “Before the Throne of God Above“
The sermon text will be Isaiah 7.18–8.18.
An Irish Christmas
Please see Gordon Sunday if you purchased tickets for Wednesday night’s concert at Carnegie Hall with Keith and Kristyn Getty.
Book Table . . .
Only two Sundays remain to purchase a variety of books, booklets, and CDs. These would make great gifts for others or excellent resources for yourself. Visit the Chapel after worship.
. . . And a Special Offer
Particular Baptist Press is offering our church a 50% discount on two resources: The Life of John Gano (our first pastor) and An Exposition of Deuteronomy 33 by William Parkinson (our fourth pastor). Please see the insert in Sunday’s order of service for more information.
Away Last Sunday?
Save the Date
- Tuesday at 7pm: Trustees Meeting
- Wednesday at 7.30pm: Christmas with the Gettys at Carnegie Hall
- Friday at 7pm: Final M’Cheyne book group meeting
- Sunday, December 21: Fourth Sunday of Advent (with communion)
- Sunday, December 21 at 9.30am: No Sunday school
- Sunday, December 21 at 12.30pm: Monthly fellowship meal
See you Sunday!