We hope your meditations on our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ have nourished your soul this Holy Week. Many opportunities for fellowship and worship await.
Holy Week—Bring a Friend!
Many people go to church twice a year: Christmas and Easter. We have many events this Holy Week, and your friends—whether Christian or not—are more than welcome to any and all of them. So let them know and invite them to come with you to celebrate the cross and empty tomb. Who knows what God will do through your invitation?
Maundy Thursday Fellowship Meal
Please join us tonight at 7.30pm for a meal in Haldeman Chapel. Just as the disciples did so many years ago, we will share a meal together on the eve of reflecting on Christ’s crucifixion.
Good Friday Communion Service
Tomorrow at 7.30pm is our annual Good Friday Communion Service. This is a wonderful opportunity to reflect on the meaning of Christ’s suffering and death through Scripture, song, and the Lord’s Table. It is at once both our most solemn service of the year, and yet filled with hope. Here are the songs we plan to sing that night:
The sermon text will be Isaiah 25.
Easter Sunrise Service
Join us Sunday morning at 9am for our Easter Sunrise Service. Steve Mann will minister the Word to us, and we will conclude the service by celebrating the ordinance of baptism. After the service we will enjoy a continental breakfast together in Haldeman Chapel. Here’s a look ahead to what we plan to sing during the Sunrise Service:
- “The Day of Resurrection” (lyrics)
- “Jesus Christ is Risen Today“
- “Christ Arose“
- “Thine Be the Glory“
- “Hallelujah, What a Savior!“
The sermon text will be John 20.19–23.
Easter Resurrection Celebration
After breakfast we will return to the sanctuary at 11am where we will celebrate Christ’s triumph over sin and the grave. It will be a wonderful time to sing and rejoice in all that Jesus has done for broken sinners like us. We plan to sing the following songs:
- “Christ the Lord is Risen Today“
- “Resurrection Hymn“
- “In Christ Alone“
- “Come, People of the Risen King“
- “All Creatures of Our God and King” (newer version)
The sermon text will be Isaiah 26.
Three Items for Prayer
- Please continue to pray for Millie, who was moved from the hospital to a rehab center this week.
- Please pray for another of our members, Maggie K. We just learned that she broke one of our vertebrae and has been hindered from worshiping with us. Pray for a full recovery, and for God’s glory and grace to be seen through her.
- Please pray for Gordon S., whose brother Donald was moved to hospice care yesterday. Don has been battling stomach and liver cancer, but it appears that he will pass away soon. Gordon is traveling to the west coast to be with his brother, so please pray for him as he goes, and for comfort for all the family.
We continue to collect our offering for the boiler fund. Our goal is to match the $25,000 gift given by a sister church. As of this past Sunday, we’ve already matched $21,274! To God be the glory! Let us pray fervently and give generously to meet this goal. Perhaps we will raise the last $3,726 this weekend!
We look forward to seeing you tonight!