Here’s a look ahead to what God has in store for us this weekend at First!
New Members Class Tonight
Tonight at 6.30pm Richard D. and Nick P. will lead a one-night New Members Class for all who are interested in learning more about our church. Please come to the 79th Street door and ring the buzzer. If you have any questions, please contact Nick at npeterson1542 [at] gmail. If you cannot make tonight’s class, no worries! You may attend the Sunday morning New Members Class. It meets during Sunday school at 9.45am.
Sunday School for all ages
Classes for children begin at 9.45am downstairs in Fellowship Hall. The adults are meeting to study and discuss the Theological Vision Matthew laid out for our church this summer. Ladies meet in Haldeman Chapel and the men in the library for a time of prayer, before the two groups gather together in the Chapel for the discussion.
Pre-service Prayer Meeting
Beginning this Sunday at 10.40am, there will be a pre-service prayer meeting in Gano Chapel. This will be a time to prepare your heart for the service, to ask God to glorify Himself through our gathering, and to pray with one another. All are welcome!
Sunday Worship Service
We plan to sing the following songs this Sunday:
- “O Worship the King”
- “How Great is Our God”
- “There is No Sin That I Have Done”
- “How Deep the Father’s Love for Us”
- “How Firm a Foundation”
- “My Soul Finds Rest in God Alone”
Remember you can find all the songs we plan to sing this autumn on Spotify. Just go to http://www.tinyurl.com/Fall2015atFirst, or download the Spotify app and search for Fall 2015 at First.
The sermon text will be Isaiah 40.12–31.
Sunday Night in the Park
Join us this Sunday from 5PM – 7PM in Fort Washington Park (Riverside & 177th St) for a chance to grill out and catch up. Bring some food to grill and a side, drink, or dessert to share. Bring a yard game too if you have one. RSVP to Nic J. at nicholas [dot] jaspers [at] gmail so he can tell you the specific location.
Sunday Service Teams
We are still in need of helpers for a variety of Sunday service teams.
- Communications Team. Preparing orders of worship & presentations, writing weekly email.
- Setup Team. Ensuring all rooms are set up for Sunday events.
- Greeting Team. Welcoming people with warmth, interest, and love.
- Prayer Team. Leading pre-service prayer time.
- Audio-Visual Team. Managing all issues related to lighting, sound, and video.
- Children’s Discipleship Team. Declaring to the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the Lord.
- Connection Team. Greeting guests and answering questions they have about First.
- Hospitality Team. Brewing coffee, bringing refreshments, and helping with meals.
- Mercy & Justice Team. Being present in the Chapel after the service to help those in need.
Please reply to this email for more information or to contact the Team Leaders.
- Wednesday at 7pm: Deacons Meeting
- Thursday at 7pm: Trustees Meeting
- Sunday, October 4 at 12.30pm: Advisory Board Meeting
- Sunday, October 18 at 12.30pm: Monthly fellowship meal
- Sunday, October 18 at 1.30pm: Quarterly congregational meeting
- Wednesday, October 28 at 7pm: Service with Gregg Matte, pastor of Houston’s First Baptist Church
Hope to see you Sunday!