Here I raise mine Ebenezer.*
* The word ebenezer literally means “stone of help” and refers to “a public memorial to the help of the Lord (1 Sam 7.12)” (PHRW, 563).
Assurance of Salvation: Implications of a New Testament Theology of Hope. Greenville: BJU Press, 2010.
- Also available electronically on Logos.
- Tom Schreiner, the James Buchanan Harrison Professor of New Testament Interpretation at the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary.
- Dan Olinger, the Chairperson of the Division of Bible at Bob Jones University.
- Trevor Craigen (begins on p. 245), retired Professor of Theology at The Master’s Seminary
- Greg Wilson, pastor of Community Bible Church in Palmyra, PA.
- Norm Olson, senior editor of the Baptist Bulletin.
- Charles Eldred, pastor of Fairway Park Baptist Church in Heyward, CA.
“Spencer Houghton Cone: An American Pastor” in vol. 8 of A Noble Company: Biographical Essays on Notable Particular-Regular Baptists in America, 12 vols. Springfield, MO: Particular Baptist Press, 2016.
“What a New Pastor Doesn’t Know,” 9Marks, 21 May 2014.
“Ancient Answers for Modern Questions,” The Gospel Coalition, 28 November 2012.
“Redeemer’s New Building and Yours,” The Gospel Coalition, 28 March 2012.
“On Being Baptist,” unpublished article written for the First Baptist Church of NYC, 16 November 2009.
“A Christian Fundamentalist Travel Guide,” 9Marks eJournal, March-April 2008.
“What Can We Learn from Christian Fundamentalists?” 9Marks eJournal, March-April 2008.
“The Hope of the Gospel in Youth Discipleship,” SharperIron, 5 October 2007.
“The Role of the Church in Youth Discipleship,” SharperIron, 20 June 2007.
“The Primacy of Parents in Youth Discipleship,” SharperIron, 19 April 2007.
“The Centrality of God in Youth Discipleship,” SharperIron, 12 March 2007.